Mr. Pitan is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank of Industry, a position he has held since May 2017. Mr. Pitan draws on significant work experience gained in both the corporate and banking sectors during the course of his 25-year career.
He began his career with Citibank Nigeria in 1986. Prior to joining BOI, Mr. Pitan was the MD/CEO of Caroline Properties Ltd and Director of Excel E&P Ltd. Previously, Mr. Pitan held the position of Executive Director of Unity Bank Plc in charge of Corporate Banking and Treasury Management after having served as the MD/CEO at First Interstate Bank Plc in August 2004, where he successfully led the bank through a merger with eight other lending institutions to form Unity Bank.
He graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Economics as a UAC scholar from the University of Ibadan in 1982 and obtained a Master’s degree in International Management as a Rotary International Scholar from the American Graduate School of International Management, Thunderbird Campus at Glendale, Arizona. He is an alumnus of Lagos Business School and London Business School. He is also an alumnus of the Haggai Institute in Singapore. He is an ordained senior pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Mr. Pitan had participated in many innovative transactions in the Nigerian Capital Market.
Mr. Pitan has and continues to hold several board and other senior positions, some of which are:
- Chairman of the Technical Committee that led to the merger of Centerpoint Securities Ltd and FIIST Ventures Ltd to form Unity Registrars Ltd and served as Chairman of the Unity Registrars Ltd;
- Chairman of the Technical Committee that merged Kapital insurance Plc, lntercontinental Assurance Company Ltd and Global Commerce and General Assurance Co Ltd into Unity Kapital lnsurance Co Plc and also served as Director of the new entity; Chairman of the Technical Committee of the landmark transaction where nine banks were merged to form Unity Bank PLC and the listing of the bank on the Nigerian Stock Exchange;
- Technical Chairman brokering the formation of FUG Pensions Ltd, pooling together the interests of Futureview Financial Services Ltd, Unity Bank Plc and Glanvill Enthoven & Co Ltd to form a viable and significant player in the Pensions management industry, subsequently holding the position of Chairman of FUG Pensions Ltd;
Mr Pitan has also served as member of several boards including:
- The alternative Director of Kakawa Discount House Ltd,
- Director of Newdevco Investments & Securities co. Ltd,
- Director of Banque International Du Benin;
Currently he is Chairman of Habitation of Hope, an NGO set up by Pastor(Mrs) Folu Adeboye to salvage, transform and empower the abandoned, hopeless and homeless street boys and girls living in Nigeria.
Mr. Pitan has a 5-year contract for the position of MD/CEO at BOI, starting from May 2017.
PROFILE: Dr. Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan
Managing Director, FirstBank
Dr. Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan (FCA), Managing Director, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, was appointed to the Board in 2014 as Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer. Before joining FirstBank, he was a Director and the pioneer Chief Financial Officer of Africa Finance Corporation. He previously served as Senior Vice-President & Chief Financial Officer of Citibank Nigeria Limited and was a Senior Manager in the Financial Services Group of KPMG Professional Services where he managed high profile assurance, financial and risk advisory engagements.
He has garnered diverse expertise in Treasury & Financial Management, Risk Management, Accounting/Auditing/Internal Controls, Corporate Governance, Corporate Strategy Development and Implementation, Corporate Finance, Business Performance Management, Business/Financial Advisory, Investors, Regulators and Rating Agencies Relationship Management, Deployment and Management of Information Technology, and Compliance.
Dr. Adeduntan attended University of Ibadan, where he obtained a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Cranfield University Business School, United Kingdom and has attended executive programmes at Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford and INSEAD. Sola is a member of Sigma Educational Foundation, which is focused on enhancing the quality of tertiary education system in Nigeria and a member of the prestigious Metropolitan Club. He is happily married with children.
The Chairman & CEO Tigui Mining Group (TMG) / Camara Diamond & Gold Trading Network (CDGTN) New York, USA.